Foreign Work Institute, 1913
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This photograph depicts the members of the Foreign Work Institute in 1913, believed to be a YMCA initiative to promote christian social work abroad. The picture is taken in front of the East Gymnasium entrance to Judd Gymnasium. The verso identifies the men pictured in the photograph as Colhm, Ruggle, Gleason, Hurrey, Exner, and Barber. It is believed that Edwin P. Ruggle, class of 1895, and Max J. Exner, class of 1892 of the International YMCA Training School, now Springfield College are pictured in the photograph.
A caption on the verso reads, "Foreign Work Institute January 1913." The picture is torn from the bottom right corner to the middle of the print.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Young Men's Christian Association of North America
Springfield College--Alumni and alumnae
International Young Men's Christian Association
Foreign work institute
Ruggle, Edwin P
Exner, Max J
Colton, E. T
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Foreign Work Institute, 1913. 1913. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/9344. (Accessed July 22, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1913) Foreign Work Institute, 1913. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/9344
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/9344>.