St. Louis Cathedral in New Orleans
- View Full Item
Drawing of the Cathedral of St. Louis in New Orleans, Louisiana. Site of the victory celebration for Andrew Jackson at the conclusion of the campaign at New Orleans during the War of 1812.
On January 21, 1815, New Orleans celebrated the victory of the American forces over the British army during the campaign by the English to capture the city. A grateful populace turned out to see Jackson crowned with a wreath of laurel outside this Catholic cathedral.
- Wall, Bernhardt, 1872-1956
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Jackson, Andrew, 1767-1845
United States--History--War of 1812
St. Louis Cathedral (New Orleans, La.)
- New Orleans (La.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Wall, Bernhardt, 1872-1956. St. Louis Cathedral in New Orleans. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/92. (Accessed January 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Wall, Bernhardt, 1872-1956, St. Louis Cathedral in New Orleans. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/92
- MLA citation style
- Wall, Bernhardt, 1872-1956. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/92>.