Effect of hydrogen injection stability and emissions of an experimental premixed prevaporized propane burner /
- View Full Item
- Created Date
NASA TM X-3301.
Performing organization report no.: E-8406.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 12).
Hydrogen in quantities up to 5 percent by weight of the total fuel flow was injected into a premixed propane burner. The hydrogen was either premixed with the propane and air upstream of the burner or introduced as a torch at the flameholder. Emissions of total nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, and unburned hydrocarbon are reported as are combustion efficiencies and lean blowout limits. To maintain at least 99 percent combustion efficiency at a 700 K inlet mixture temperature with no hydrogen added, it was necessary to burn with a propane equivalence ratio of 0.525. When 4 percent hydrogen was premixed with the propane and air, a combustion efficiency greater than 99 percent was recorded at a propane equivalence ratio of 0.425. The total nitrogen oxides (NOx) emissions corresponding to these two conditions were 0.8 g NO2/kg equivalent propane and 0.44 g NO2/kg equivalent propane, respectively. The hydrogen torch did not reduce NOx emissions.
Performed by Lewis Research Center, Cleveland, Ohio
- Anderson, David N
- Contributing Institution
- University of Illinois
- Washington, D.C. : National Aeronautics and Space Administration ; Springfield, Va. : For sale by the National Technical Information Service [distributor]
- Pollution control
Gas turbine engines
- Electronic resourceLanguage material
- Public domain. Learn more at http://www.hathitrust.org/access_use
- Chicago citation style
- Anderson, David N. Effect of hydrogen injection stability and emissions of an experimental premixed prevaporized propane burner /. 1975. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011427472. (Accessed December 14, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Anderson, David N, (1975) Effect of hydrogen injection stability and emissions of an experimental premixed prevaporized propane burner /. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011427472
- MLA citation style
- Anderson, David N. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011427472>.