• Created Date
  • ca. 1892
  • Description
  • Bridge built in 1891 over Lake Union from Seattle to Brooklyn by David T. Denny in order to extend his streetcar service. The north end of the bridge reached the University District at about 6th Ave. N.E. It was used until 1919 when replaced by the University Bridge. Caption on image: Bridge at LatonaOn verso of image: Early 1890s. The original University Bridge.
  • Format
  • Photograph
    image
    Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 100 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x512 ppi. 2000