• Created Date
  • ca. 1920
  • Description
  • Chickaloon is located on the Chickaloon River, on the Glenn Highway, 26 miles northeast of Palmer in the Talkeetna Mountains. The village was named for the Chickaloon River, after Chief Chiklu. It was established around 1916 in this coal-rich region as the terminus of the Matanuska Branch of the Alaska Railroad.
  • Format
  • Postcard
    image
    3.5 x 5.5 in.
    Scanned from an original photographic postcard using a Microtek ArtixScan 1800f at 110 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x600 ppi. 2005