Portrait of James Ronald Stewart
- View Full Item
James Stewart, associated with Scripps Institution of Oceanography since 1952. As diving officer from 1960 until his retirement in 1991, he managed the nation's oldest and largest nongovernmental research diving program which became the model for safe and effective conduct of international research diving programs. The scientific community recognizes Stewart as an expert on the interactions of divers and the marine environment, including marine mammals. He also was a consultant to NASA, in the development of techniques used in the underwater training of astronauts for extravehicular activity. He was one of the initial inductees into the NAUI (National Association of Underwater Instructors) Hall of Honor, among all of his other awards in his lifetime.
Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (https://lib.ucsd.edu/sca)
This digital image is a surrogate of an item from the James Ronald Stewart Papers, 1945-1996
- SIO Photographic Laboratory
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- UC San Diego, Library, Special Collections and Archives
- Under copyright
Constraint(s) on Use: This work is protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires written permission of the copyright holder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Library. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Library program having custody of the work.
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
- Chicago citation style
- SIO Photographic Laboratory. Portrait of James Ronald Stewart. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb12979842. (Accessed December 12, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- SIO Photographic Laboratory, Portrait of James Ronald Stewart. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb12979842
- MLA citation style
- SIO Photographic Laboratory. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb12979842>.