Copy of statement delivered to Mayor Ben West by C. T. Vivian
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Type-written copy of the statement that was issued jointly by the Christian Leadership council and student protest group. The statement was read by C. T. Vivian on the steps of the courthouse in Nashville, Tennessee on April 19, 1960 as 3,000 protesters challenged Mayor Ben West's stance on the issue of lunch counter segregation. This type-written copy is among a number of documents including reports, correspondence and notes collected or written by reporter and journalist, Fred Travis.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Civil rights demonstrations
Civil rights demonstrations - Tennessee - Nashville
African Americans - Civil rights - Tennessee - Nashville
Sit-ins (Civil rights)
Civil rights movements
- Nashville (Tenn.)
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees, that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Copy of statement delivered to Mayor Ben West by C. T. Vivian. 1960-04-19. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/963. (Accessed October 24, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1960-04-19) Copy of statement delivered to Mayor Ben West by C. T. Vivian. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/963
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/963>.