Administration Building (now Denny Hall) exterior showing southeast side, University of Washington, ca. 1901
Built in 1895, this was the first building on the university's present campus. It was named for Arthur Denny, who donated most of the land for the university's original downtown site. ("A Campus Walk," University of Washington pamphlet, 1996.)Photographer's reference number printed on image: Webster & Stevens 2898.Handwritten on verso: Denny Hall - 1st bldg - built on present campus - erected 1894.Filed in: UW - Denny Hall (#425).
7 3/4 x 9 3/4 in.
Scanned as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color or 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 or 600 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3