Joseph Andrews house
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
This dwelling, located on Center Bridge Road, was built for Joseph Andrews around the time of his 1831 marriage to Thomazine Phillips of Boston. Andrews was engaged in copper- and steel-plate engraving for the Carter and Andrews Printing and Publishing Company, which operated in Lancaster from about 1825 to 1835. When Carter and Andrews failed, the house was repossessed by the builder.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Joseph Andrews house. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d65d. (Accessed December 14, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Joseph Andrews house. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d65d
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d65d>.