Susquehanna University Soldiers
- View Full Item
- Created Date
In 1917, the United States declared war on Germany. This photo from the 1919 Lanthorn shows students doing military drills which became mandatory for all male students. Susquehanna Ambulance Unit 574 Captain George Kirk, shown in the photo, was also Susquehanna University's captain-elect of the football team before joining the Ambulance Unit.
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- Susquehanna University
- Supporting Institution
- POWER Library as sponsor and HSLC as maintainer
- Blough-Weis Library, Susquehanna University
- Military training
Susquehanna Ambulance Unit 574
Universities & colleges
World War 1914-1918
- Black and white photographs
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Susquehanna University Soldiers. 1919. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/asvbw95-39/id/43. (Accessed September 23, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1919) Susquehanna University Soldiers. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/asvbw95-39/id/43
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/asvbw95-39/id/43>.