• Description
  • Gift locomotive arrives in Fort Wayne. The one time Wabash Engine was built by American Loco Company at Schenectady, NY in 1906 and used by Wabash Railroad till 1952, then it was transferred here for use by the Lake Erie & Ft. Wayne, a local switch line. Martin’s truck backing into Swinney Park to unload the engine on the tracks laid up to permanent display. Date: 5/8/1957.