Real love story
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Unfortunately, the "real love story" of Eugene V. R. Thayer II and Gladys Brooks came to an end, and the couple divorced a few years later. Eugene later married Elizabeth Harding Prince in 1923. He died in 1937. Gladys lived on to the age of 94, passing away in 1976. She was an avid collector of antique furniture, china glass, prints, and other artifacts. Over the years, she gave many of her collections to museums and other institutions.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
Thayer Memorial Library
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Real love story. 1903. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k91w. (Accessed December 13, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1903) Real love story. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k91w
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k91w>.