A Peep into Bethlehem
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- Circa 1793
Wolcot listens to a declaiming Burke, surrounded by various published works by Wolcot (as Peter Pindar) and Paine.They include Wolcot's Odes to Mr. Paine, Common Sense and Rights of Man. Nicholson stands behind them, clutching bunches of straw.
George: 8367 Negative and positive photostats.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- American Philosophical Society
- Paine, Thomas, 1737-1809
Paine, Thomas, 1737-1809. Rights of man
Burke, Edmund, 1729-1797
Nicholson, Margaret, ca. 1750-1828
Wolcot, John, 1738-1819
- Political Cartoons
- Copyright American Philosophical Society. For reproduction and permission information, see http://www.amphilsoc.org/library/rights.htm
- Chicago citation style
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827. A Peep into Bethlehem. Circa 1793. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://diglib.amphilsoc.org/islandora/object/graphics:7613. (Accessed September 23, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, (Circa 1793) A Peep into Bethlehem. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://diglib.amphilsoc.org/islandora/object/graphics:7613
- MLA citation style
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://diglib.amphilsoc.org/islandora/object/graphics:7613>.