• Created Date
  • 1906-1906
  • Description
  • Caption: "The Masonic Temple, situated at the corner of Randolph and State streets, is two hundred and sixty-five feet high. The number of its tenants would be sufficient to populate a fair sized village. Although not owned by the Masonic Order, several lodges meet here, paying an annual rental for the privilege. It contains fourteen passenger and two freight elevators." Building designed by the architectural firm of Burnham and Root.
  • Rights
  • Images in this collection were digitized through the University of Illinois Library's participation in the Open Content Alliance and may be used freely. Attribution to the University of Illinois is appreciated. High-resolution images can be downloaded from the Internet Archive at www.archive.org. For further information, contact dcc@library.uiuc.edu.