Lopez Station, circa 1860s
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Lopez Station, circa 1860s. In the early 1860s, Geronimo and Catalina Lopez bought about forty acres of land north of the San Fernando Mission. On these lands they built the Lopez Station. The station served as the Valley's first stage coach line station. The station also housed the Valley's first post office, English speaking school, and general store. Today, the Lopez Station and the land surrounding it is covered by the Van Norman Lake and Dam. Black and white photograph, 4.5 x 6.5 in.
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- California State University, Northridge
- California State University, Northridge. University Library
- Lopez Station (Granada Hills, Los Angeles, Calif.)
Social life and customs
Business and trade
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Public domain.
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. Lopez Station, circa 1860s. 1860-1869?. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital-library.csun.edu/cdm/ref/collection/SFVH/id/990. (Accessed December 14, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (1860-1869?) Lopez Station, circa 1860s. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital-library.csun.edu/cdm/ref/collection/SFVH/id/990
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digital-library.csun.edu/cdm/ref/collection/SFVH/id/990>.