Written story about Towanda Senior Citizens Group organizing in 1978
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1978 - 2007
This written story describes the founding of the Senior Citizens Group. In 1978 the Towanda Junior Woman's Club under President Beverly Meginnes' leadership invited senior citizens in the community to come together once a month for a potluck meal and social time at the Community Building. The Juniors' hosted the activity when the group first organized and until they became more independent. The group holds bake sales and sells birthday calenda...
TOWANDA SENIOR CITIZENS GROUP by Beverly Meginnes, 2007 In 1978, under President Beverly Meginnes, the Towanda Junior Woman's Club examined ways in which they could do things for the community. Sue Sutter suggested starting a Senior's Citizen Group as there were a number of older residents who lived alone in the community. Beverly developed a list of senior citizens from people she knew and solicited more names from them. An attempt was made to a...
- Contributing Institution
- Towanda Area Historical Society/Towanda District Library
- The images in the Towanda Area Historical Society digital library may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but any commercial use is prohibited, without permission. Questions may be directed to the historical society at email@example.com or through the Towanda Illinois District Library at (309)728-2176.
- Chicago citation style
- Written story about Towanda Senior Citizens Group organizing in 1978. 1978 - 2007. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1094. (Accessed December 10, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1978 - 2007) Written story about Towanda Senior Citizens Group organizing in 1978. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1094
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1094>.