A musical burlesque
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
Shown here is the cast of The Sack of Lancaster, a musical burlesque presented by the Theatre Lancaster Social Union on Friday evening, May 16, 1879 at the Lancaster Town Hall. These live burlesques, in which the serious was treated lightly and the frivolous seriously, were a popular form of entertainment in the days before film and television.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- PhotographsGroup portraitsPortrait photographs
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- A musical burlesque. 1879-05. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871k48s. (Accessed October 19, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1879-05) A musical burlesque. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871k48s
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871k48s>.