E.E. Miles Bindery
View Full Image
This photograph shows the E.E. Miles Bindery, which was formerly located on the west corner of Flagg and Orchard Streets. Miles, who originally came to head the Bible department of the Academy in 1886, decided in 1902 to expand his home-based "vest pocket" dictionary sideline by building a bindery to provide students employment to help them work their way through school. To give the plant an architecturally pleasing appearance, he built it to resemble a house. Additions were later made to the south and west. In 1976, the E.E. Miles Bindery Company ceased operations. In 1993, the building was demolished. Title from item or accompanying materials. Date supplied by cataloger. Atlantic Union College Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
|Lancaster Historical Society|
Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).