Amherst College in 1821
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A drawing of Amherst College's South College by Mary Hitchcock, possibly pencil and featuring some ink wash, depicting South College, the old church, and horse sheds, with two trees in the center of the image and fenced fields. Caption is in Edward Hitchcock, Jr.'s hand. The sketch is housed in a mat for conservation.
The item is undated. The date range provided are the dates of the artist's life.
- Hitchcock, Mary, 1824-1899
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Amherst College Archives & Special Collections
- Drawings (visual works)Drawings
- Public Domain: This material has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. While Amherst College Archives & Special Collections claims no rights or authority over this material, we do ask that any publication or use of this material cite the Archives & Special Collections at Amherst College as the source of the images and the repository where the original documents can be found. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Hitchcock, Mary, 1824-1899. Amherst College in 1821. 1824-1899. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:387531. (Accessed December 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Hitchcock, Mary, 1824-1899, (1824-1899) Amherst College in 1821. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:387531
- MLA citation style
- Hitchcock, Mary, 1824-1899. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:387531>.