Constitution of the Springfield YMCA (September 11, 1896)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This booklet contains the constitution and by-laws of the board of directors of the Springfield Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) of Springfield, Massachusetts. The Springfield YMCA was reorganized on October 9, 1891. This revised edition was published on September 11, 1896. The constitution has nine articles covering the organization’s name, objective, membership, board of directors, meetings, branches, organization, discipline, and amendments. The by-laws have seven articles covering meetings, membership, committees, officers, expenses, and amendments. According to the Greater Springfield YMCA website, the Springfield YMCA (founded in 1852) is the fourth oldest YMCA in the world and the second oldest YMCA in the United States.
- Springfield YMCA (Springfield, Mass.)
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Loring & Axtell, Printers (Springfield, MA)
- Young Men's Christian Association of North America
Springfield YMCA (Springfield, Mass.)
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Springfield YMCA (Springfield, Mass.). Constitution of the Springfield YMCA (September 11, 1896). 1896-09-11. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/9210. (Accessed July 23, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Springfield YMCA (Springfield, Mass.), (1896-09-11) Constitution of the Springfield YMCA (September 11, 1896). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/9210
- MLA citation style
- Springfield YMCA (Springfield, Mass.). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/9210>.