People and cars in front of the Brooklyn Service Station, with signs advertising Violet Ray Gasoline, Star Tobacco, and Chesterfield Cigarettes, ca. 1930
Brooklyn is a community on the North River a dozen miles northeast of Raymond in northeast Pacific County. The name was assigned by the post office department when the post office was established December 10, 1891. When asked, local residents, suggested that the name Clifton be used for Cliff Roberts, son of Clfford Roberts. Since there was already a Clifton in Mason county that name was rejected. The post office closed on May 16, 1969.
11 x 14 in.
Silver gelatin, b/w
Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 100 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x512 ppi. 2003