Old Shaker Infirmary
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This dwelling on the Old Union Turnpike near Route 2 was originally used as an infirmary by the nearby Shirley Shaker Community. It was moved to a site across from the Old Brick Tavern to serve as a caretaker's cottage c. 1905-1909. The Shaker Village was begun when Mother Anne Lee visited the area in the late 18th century. A small Shaker cemetery and their Holy Hill are located north of Route 2 on the Lancaster-Shirley line.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Frank and Lois Ponte
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Old Shaker Infirmary. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h51p. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Old Shaker Infirmary. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h51p
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h51p>.