Captain Ross at SC Veteran's Day Program (November 11, 2002)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This photograph shows Captain Joe Ross (right) & Angie Correale, Class of 1950 (left) on November 11, 2002 at Springfield College's Veterans' Day Program. At this annual event, the college honors those who served in World War I, World War II, and other military conflicts. The college paid tribute to past and present members of the armed services, especially members of its campus community and alumni, during a program that began at 11 a.m. in front of the campus' Administration Building. The program had patriotic music, a helicopter fly-over, a ground tour by the Massachusetts National Guard, and a keynote address by United States Navy veteran of the Korean Conflict Francis R. Carroll. It was open to the public free of charge. Springfield College alumnus Lt. Gen. Robert Winglass, USMC retired, served as the master of ceremonies. The United States Coast Guard Academy Color Guard led a processional along the campus green to the steps of the Marsh Memorial, followed by the Valley Highlanders Pipeband, which played a military medley. The Springfield Children's Chorus also performed, and the Springfield College Singers sang the United States and Springfield College anthems. Students who were officer candidates in the United States Marine Corps read the names of Springfield College graduates who were killed in World War II and rang a bell once after each ten names. The event closed with a reception on Blake Track. Angie Correale was a former trustee and devoted Springfield College alumnus, receiving the Tarbell Medallion and serving as president of Alumni Council.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Springfield College
Springfield College--Alumni and Alumnae
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Captain Ross at SC Veteran's Day Program (November 11, 2002). 2002-11-11. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8011. (Accessed July 17, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (2002-11-11) Captain Ross at SC Veteran's Day Program (November 11, 2002). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8011
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8011>.