Notes on Storr & Flatt's Biblical theology, notebook 2
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Notes by Edward Hitchcock on Gottlob C. Storr and Carl C. Flatt's text "An Elementary Course of Biblical Theology." This notebook is the second of two notebooks by Hitchcock on this work. Hitchcock paraphrases the arguments and points of the text that he has deemed noteworthy, and in some cases only notes the main point he wants to make with the associated scripture verses. He occasionally notes the corresponding page in Storr's and Flatt's text. In this notebook, Hitchcock covers most of book one, beginning partway through section 5 and continuing to the end of section 16, as well as book two, sections 35-42. Hitchcock has divided the notes into specific lessons of his own devising in some cases, and into the sections of the original text in others.
The item is undated. Dates provided are Hitchcock's birth and death year.
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Amherst College Archives & Special Collections
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864--Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
Storr, Gottlob Christian, 1746-1805
Flatt, Carl Christian, 1772-1843
- Public Domain: This material has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. While Amherst College Archives & Special Collections claims no rights or authority over this material, we do ask that any publication or use of this material cite the Archives & Special Collections at Amherst College as the source of the images and the repository where the original documents can be found. Beginning at the opposite side of the notebook are notes by Hitchcock on the subject of the inspiration of the Bible. Hitchcock defines inspiration, lists different theories of the Bible's inspiration, discusses the concept of various readings, and makes his own arguments. He includes citations to scripture thoughout. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864. Notes on Storr & Flatt's Biblical theology, notebook 2. 1793-1864. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:93357. (Accessed December 10, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864, (1793-1864) Notes on Storr & Flatt's Biblical theology, notebook 2. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:93357
- MLA citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:93357>.