Tim Rhodes, Bobbin Winding Department at Sunset Line & Twine Company in Petaluma, California, Dec. 2006
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Photo taken during closing of the Sunset Line & Twine Company in Petaluma, Calif. in Dec. 2006. Sunset manufactured braided cords and lines for the hardware, marine and other markets out of the same building since 1940, when Art Agnew relocated the company to its Petaluma location. The company also supplied the parachute line that eased the Gemini and Apollo missions back to earth. After the business fell on hard times, the business was sold to Kraft Tools and the Petaluma operations ultimately closed. Some of the machinery was shipped to Kraft's plant in Shawnee, Kans. in Dec. 2006. The remaining machinery was auctioned off in Aug. 2007 and the building was slated for conversion to condominiums.
Jeff Kan Lee is a photojournalist for the Santa Rosa Press Democrat.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Original digital photograph taken Dec. 2006. Print made Jan. 26, 2007
Sonoma County Advertising Grant (2008-2009)
Grant provided to the Sonoma County Library through the Sonoma County Advertising Program
High resolution master image (600ppi)
Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
- Lee, Jeff Kan
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- Sonoma County Library
- Color photographs
Business and Industry
Sunset Line & Twine Company (Petaluma, Calif.)
Petaluma (Calif.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Bobbins (Textile machinery)
Mills and mill-work
- United States
450 Jefferson Street, Petaluma, California
- Owned by Sonoma County Library.
The Sonoma County Library makes no assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Sonoma County Library. Please see additional reproduction and reuse information at https://sonomalibrary.org/locations/sonoma-county-history-and-genealogy-library/order-photo .
- Chicago citation style
- Lee, Jeff Kan. Tim Rhodes, Bobbin Winding Department at Sunset Line & Twine Company in Petaluma, California, Dec. 2006. 2006. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://heritage.sonomalibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15763coll2/id/16066. (Accessed December 17, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Lee, Jeff Kan, (2006) Tim Rhodes, Bobbin Winding Department at Sunset Line & Twine Company in Petaluma, California, Dec. 2006. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://heritage.sonomalibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15763coll2/id/16066
- MLA citation style
- Lee, Jeff Kan. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://heritage.sonomalibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15763coll2/id/16066>.