Ed Ruscha oral history interview, 2011.Modern Art in LA.Ed Ruscha oral history interview.
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Some portions of this material may have been altered during reformatting, such as adjustments to volume and picture.
Multimedia files may be sizeable. Download times may vary.
Material was originally transferred to the Getty Research Institute Special Collections holdings by the Getty Research Institute Department of Architecture and Contemporary Art. While in the custody of Special Collections the material was assigned accession number 2012.M.31. In 2012 it was determined that material generated by Modern Art in Los Angeles activities should be located in the same repository as material generated by the closely-related Pacific Standard Time project; thus the material was brought together under the custody of the Institutional Archives.
Material comprises video recording of an oral history interview with Edward Ruscha (Ed Ruscha) conducted by Andrew Perchuk and Rani Singh in Ruscha's new studio on Jefferson Boulevard, Los Angeles, California on April 26, 2011. Ruscha speaks about his works and influences, such as Andy Warhol and Marcel Duchamp, and discusses his thoughts towards common objects and Pop Art. The Getty Research Institute (GRI) hosted events and conducted oral histories inspired by the "Modern Art in Los Angeles" theme beginning in 2003. Much of the research and product generated by the GRI's Modern Art in Los Angeles activities has been incorporated into the Getty's larger initiative, "Pacific Standard Time: Art in L.A.," which focused on postwar art (1945-1980) in Los Angeles.
- Ruscha, Edward, interviewee.
- J. Paul Getty Trust
- Contributing Institution
- Getty Research Institute
- Duchamp, Marcel, 1887-1968
Ferus Gallery (Los Angeles, Calif.)
California Institute of the Arts
Pop art--California--Los Angeles
Conceptual art--United States--20th century
Art, American--California--Los Angeles--20th century
Artists--United States--20th century
Art, Modern--20th century--Criticism, interpretation, etc
- DVDs--United States--21st century.Oral histories (document genre)--United States--21st century.
- Digital audio and video saved from this website are for study purposes only. Copyright restrictions apply.
For more information, see the Library Reproductions & Permissions page.
Access is available only to on-site readers and Getty staff.
- Chicago citation style
- Ruscha, Edward, interviewee.. Ed Ruscha oral history interview, 2011.,Modern Art in LA.,Ed Ruscha oral history interview.. 2011. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://hdl.handle.net/10020/2012ia115av. (Accessed October 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Ruscha, Edward, interviewee., (2011) Ed Ruscha oral history interview, 2011.,Modern Art in LA.,Ed Ruscha oral history interview.. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://hdl.handle.net/10020/2012ia115av
- MLA citation style
- Ruscha, Edward, interviewee.. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://hdl.handle.net/10020/2012ia115av>.