Trying the experiment
- View Full Item
- Created Date
More of Andrew Jackson's financial foolery. This cartoon is probably related to his dissolution of the Bank of the United States. Two of the figures on the left are Jackson & his friend Maj. Jack Downing. Figures on the right include Nicholas Biddle and Henry Clay.
Title from item.
From Squire Biddle's big picter draw'd off from nater by Zek Downing, historical painter to Uncle Jack & Jineral Jackson
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Boston Public Library
- Published by E. Bisbee, 95 Canal St
- Economic policy
Tug of war
Jackson, Andrew, 1767-1845
Clay, Henry, 1777-1852
Bank of the United States (1816-1836)
Biddle, Nicholas, 1786-1844
- PrintsPolitical cartoonsLithographs
- No known copyright restrictions. No known restrictions on use.
- Chicago citation style
- Trying the experiment. 1833-1834. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/9880w985b. (Accessed October 20, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1833-1834) Trying the experiment. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/9880w985b
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/9880w985b>.