• Created Date
  • ca. 1906
  • Description
  • Wallace, Idaho was founded in 1884 by Colonel W.R. Wallace under the name Placer Center. In 1885 the name changed to Wallace. In 1886 Wallace received its first railroad followed by a Northern Pacific Line in 1891. By 1900 the town of Wallace was a major center for mining activities. In 1910 much of the town was destroyed by the largest U.S. forest fire in history.
  • Format
  • Photograph
    image
    b&w
    9 1/2 x 7 1/2 in.
    Silver gelatin
    Scanned from a photographic print using a ScanMaker 6800 at 100-175 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x600 ppi. 2007