Schofield Mill on Fall Creek, Indianapolis IN: west of Keystone Avenue, was one of the old landmarks on the north side of the city. The land was set aside as a mill in 1835 and the dam constructed within the next two years. The Indianapolis Water Company purchased the dam, mill and land in 1900 and later built its pumping and purification plants north of the road to Allisonville, now Fall Creek Parkway. The original mill burned early in this century and was rebuilt. Fire in 1967 destroyed the Schofield Mill. Drawing by Frederick Polley