• Created Date
  • 1906-1906
  • Description
  • Caption: "One of the largest department stores on State Street is that of Carson, Pirie, Scott & Company. For years it was located in the building here shown, diagonally across the city from the Marshall Field store. The concern recently removed to more ample quarters in a new structure at the corner of Madison and State streets." Building was designed by architect Louis H. Sullivan.
  • Rights
  • Images in this collection were digitized through the University of Illinois Library's participation in the Open Content Alliance and may be used freely. Attribution to the University of Illinois is appreciated. High-resolution images can be downloaded from the Internet Archive at www.archive.org. For further information, contact dcc@library.uiuc.edu.