Brown wax home recording of man reciting Lucky Jim and telling a comic story
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Brown wax cylinder.
Place of recording likely the United States.
Performer not given.
Male recitation of "Lucky Jim," followed by a comic story about a railroad train partly in Irish stage dialect.
Also available online via the Internet.
Sung in English.
The David Giovannoni Collection of home cylinder recordings (Set Number: 261-02).
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- UC Santa Barbara, Library, Department of Special Research Collections
- Personal recordings
- Audio cylinderElectronic resource
- copyright unknown
MP3 files of the cylinders available for download are copyrighted by the Regents of the University of California. They are licensed for non-commercial use under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 2.5 License. Acknowledgments for reuse of the transfers should read "University of California, Santa Barbara Library." The original wav files (either unedited or restored) can be provided upon request for commercial or non-commercial use such as CD reissues, film/tv synchronization, use on websites or in exhibits. The University of California makes no claims or warranties as to the copyright status of the original recordings and charges a use fee for the use of the transfers. Please contact the University of California, Santa Barbara Library Department of Special Research Collections for information on licensing cylinder transfers. Full contact information can be found at: http://cylinders.library.ucsb.edu/licensing.php.
- Chicago citation style
- Brown wax home recording of man reciting Lucky Jim and telling a comic story. 1890-1928. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.library.ucsb.edu/OBJID/Cylinder13107. (Accessed November 18, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1890-1928) Brown wax home recording of man reciting Lucky Jim and telling a comic story. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.library.ucsb.edu/OBJID/Cylinder13107
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.library.ucsb.edu/OBJID/Cylinder13107>.