- View Full Item
- Created Date
Located on Main Street in South Lancaster, this house was the former parsonage of poet and minister Edmund Hamilton Sears, known for writing "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear." Florist G. Frederick Chandler then acquired the property, and it was later inherited by the Hosmer family. In 1944, AUC moved the building to "Faculty Row" on Hill Road. This view shows the house when owned by G. F. Chandler.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Sears-Chandler-Hosmer house. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k259. (Accessed December 10, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Sears-Chandler-Hosmer house. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k259
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k259>.