• Creator
  • Miller, Patricia L; Illinois Heritage Association
  • Created Date
  • 8-2-02
  • Description
  • 608 E. Lorado Taft Drive, Champaign. An apple orchard set out by Prof. J.C. Blair in 1897 was removed to erect this building. Completed in 1928, the building included space for classes in fine arts and in architectural engineering--a subject in which the University of Illinois ranked first in the nation. An outstanding collection of architectural drawings and books (many translated and copied by hand by Prof. Nathan Clifford Ricker) formed the... more
    608 E. Lorado Taft Drive, Champaign. An apple orchard set out by Prof. J.C. Blair in 1897 was removed to erect this building. Completed in 1928, the building included space for classes in fine arts and in architectural engineering--a subject in which the University of Illinois ranked first in the nation. An outstanding collection of architectural drawings and books (many translated and copied by hand by Prof. Nathan Clifford Ricker) formed the core of the library on the second floor. Ricker headed the architecture department for 37 years. Urban Treasure Hunt. 16 History. less
  • Format
  • Lorado.jpg