The Nazis Next Door with Eric Lichtblau
- View Full Item
- Created Date
In his highly-acclaimed book, The Nazis Next Door, Eric Lichtblau tells the shocking and shameful story of how America became a safe haven for Hitler's men. Lichtblau explains here how it was possible for thousands of Nazis -- from concentration camp guards to high-level officers in the Third Reich -- to move to the U.S. after WWII, and quietly settle into new lives as Americans. Some of them gained entry as self-styled refugees, while others enjoyed the help and protection of the CIA, the FBI, and the military, who put them to work as spies, intelligence assets, and leading scientists and engineers. Lichtblau's book draws from once-secret government records and interviews, telling the full story of the Nazi scientists brought to America, and the German spies and con men who followed them and lived for decades as Americans.
Digital Library Development Program, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (https://lib.ucsd.edu/digital-library)
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- UC San Diego, Library, Digital Library Development Program
- Operation Paperclip
World War (1939-1945)
United States. Central Intelligence Agency
- moving image
- Under copyright
Constraint(s) on Use: This work is protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires written permission of the UC Regents. Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Library. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Library program having custody of the work.
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
- Chicago citation style
- The Nazis Next Door with Eric Lichtblau. 2017-06-26. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb1231490g. (Accessed December 9, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (2017-06-26) The Nazis Next Door with Eric Lichtblau. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb1231490g
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb1231490g>.