• Creator
  • Therkelsen
  • Created Date
  • ca. 1915
  • Description
  • Ellisport, on the eastern shore of Vashon Island, Washington was originally named Elliston. Around 1888, members of the Puget Sound Chautauqua Assembly changed the name to Chautauqua and began holding their annual summer classes and lectures there. People traveled to Ellisport and other island towns in Puget Sound on the small steamers known as the mosquito fleet.This photographic postcard, postmarked August 1915, shows the landing at Ellispor... more
    Ellisport, on the eastern shore of Vashon Island, Washington was originally named Elliston. Around 1888, members of the Puget Sound Chautauqua Assembly changed the name to Chautauqua and began holding their annual summer classes and lectures there. People traveled to Ellisport and other island towns in Puget Sound on the small steamers known as the mosquito fleet.This photographic postcard, postmarked August 1915, shows the landing at Ellisport on Vashon Island. less
  • Format
  • image
    photograph
    Scanned from copy negative using Epson Expression 10000XL as 4350 pixel TIFF image in 16-bit grayscale, resized to 700 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop CS4, JPEG quality measurement 5
  • Rights
  • All Rights Reserved