Heads of essays
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A booklet by Edward Hitchcock containing outlines for ten essays. The essays cover topics such as the importance of knowledge, morality, religion, New Year's, and the branches of knowledge. The outlines provide the basic ideas Hitchcock wants to cover.
The item as a whole is not dated, but the eighth essay is dated New Year's Day 1817, suggesting the whole booklet dates to circa 1817.
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Amherst College Archives & Special Collections
- NotesOutlines (documents)Manuscripts
- Public Domain: This material has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. While Amherst College Archives & Special Collections claims no rights or authority over this material, we do ask that any publication or use of this material cite the Archives & Special Collections at Amherst College as the source of the images and the repository where the original documents can be found. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864. Heads of essays. 1817. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:499406. (Accessed December 10, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864, (1817) Heads of essays. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:499406
- MLA citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:499406>.