The Victorian villa
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
This is an early view of the Victorian villa that Nathaniel Thayer II (the banker) built on the site of his father's parsonage, probably very shortly after his mother's death in 1857. Sentimentally called the Homestead, the dwelling was later greatly enlarged by his son Nathaniel Thayer III after the death of his mother, Cornelia van Rensselaer Thayer, in 1897.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- The Victorian villa. 1857. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/dz010q30j. (Accessed December 12, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1857) The Victorian villa. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/dz010q30j
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/dz010q30j>.