Factory Workers at Bridges & Co. Boot shop, Hopkinton 1876
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Factory workers lean from windows and pose from outside of D.T. Bridges boot factory on Main Street in Hopkinton MA. ca 1876. Dozens can be seen outside; most wear work aprons, many wear hats. Note women sitting on sill of second floor right hand window, also a worker dangles a boot from third-story window on far left. The building is a five-story clapboard sided structure, directly to the left is the original Town Hall. View is of the southern side. This building was destroyed in a fire of April 1882, the building which replaced this one then burned in 1900. Bridges & Co. employed hundred of workers in the boot manufactory.
From the Hopkinton Public Library Treasure Room
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Hopkinton Public Library
- D.T. Bridges & Co. (Hopkinton, Mass.)
- Please request permission to use image by contacting Hopkinton Public Library in advance at email@example.com or 508-497-9777. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Factory Workers at Bridges & Co. Boot shop, Hopkinton 1876. 1876. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/rj430n71k. (Accessed August 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1876) Factory Workers at Bridges & Co. Boot shop, Hopkinton 1876. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/rj430n71k
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/rj430n71k>.