World’s Columbian Exposition Woman’s Building
View Full Image
A black and white photograph of the main entrance to the Woman’s Building at the World’s Columbian Exposition in 1893. Source: Arnold, C. D. Collection of Photographs Illustrating the Construction and Progress of the World’s Columbian Exposition. 1893. Dimensions: 10"x13". The World's Columbian Exposition ran from May 1 to October 30, 1893. The Woman’s Building was designed by a woman, architect Sophia G. Hayden. Shown here is the main entrance with its wide staircase and triple arches. Flinn, J., ed. "The Official Guide to the World’s Columbian Exposition." (Chicago: The Columbian Guide Company, 1893), pp. 105-109. Celebrations and Festivals; Exploring The Columbian Exposition 16 History
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University Library|
|World's Columbian Exposition (Chicago, Illinois)|
For any further information related to this record, please contact the Collection Publisher. See http://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdcfor more information about this project.