Photograph of Barnett Academy in Charlestown, Indiana in 1895. On the back: "From Hisey's Art Gallery. Charlestown, Ind. 1895." It was a coeducational, boarding and day school equivalent to a high school. The building was erected on Market Street in 1824 by the Masons. It housed an all girl's school named Camburn's Seminary and then later it was purchased by the Presbyterian Church which started a boy's school there. Barnett Academy was founded by Zebulon B. Sturgis in 1857 when he became principal and merged the two schools. It was named after Allen Barnett, a member of the church. After the school was closed (probably in the 1880s), the building became the Reese boarding house.