Written history of a U-Pick operation run by George Wilburn of Towanda, Illinois
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A written history tells of the U-Pick operation in Towanda, Illinois run by Mr. George Wilburn. The produce was grown in a five acre plot and the business was operated out of his Garden Market with the help of Mr. Wilburn's wife, Helen and some of their grandchildren.
George Wilburn 107 Quincy Box 16 George Wilburn of Towanda runs a U*Pick operation in Towanda, IL. George growns Indian and Asian vegetables such as tindora luffa gourd, Curry leaf, lemon grass and taro - among others. garden. Most of his business is by "word of mouth" he says, and. operates his business out of his Garden Market. People come here from all over, George says. He gets a lot of Chinese He runs a 5 acre plot of and Indian customer...
- Contributing Institution
- Towanda Area Historical Society/Towanda District Library
- The images in the Towanda Area Historical Society digital library may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but any commercial use is prohibited, without permission. Questions may be directed to the historical society at email@example.com or through the Towanda Illinois District Library at (309)728-2176.
- Chicago citation style
- Written history of a U-Pick operation run by George Wilburn of Towanda, Illinois. 2007-04-24. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1362. (Accessed December 17, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (2007-04-24) Written history of a U-Pick operation run by George Wilburn of Towanda, Illinois. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1362
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1362>.