Frank S. Falcone
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This photograph shows Frank S. Falcone, Springfield College's tenth president, reviewing a paper at his desk. A native of Kenosha, Wisconsin, Falcone received his BS in history from the University of Wisconsin (1963), his MA in history from the University of Denver (1965), and his Ph.D. in Latin American history from the University of Massachusetts (1973). Falcone joined the faculty of Ithaca College in 1969 as an assistant professor of history. In 1975, he was appointed assistant to the president. The following year, he was named provost and assumed the duties of chief academic officer. In 1980, Falcone was named vice president and dean of Pace University’s College of White Plains. Within two years, he rose to the position of executive vice president. During this time, he attended Harvard University’s Institute of Educational Management and continued to teach history at both Ithaca and Pace. Falcone joined Springfield College in 1985. In April 1991, students followed the lead of faculty and approved a vote of no confidence, sixteen to two with one abstention. On January 8, 1992, he resigned. In 1993, he became president of Carroll University, where he remained for thirteen years.
- Gordon, Michael
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Springfield College
Falcone, Frank Samuel, 1940-
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Gordon, Michael. Frank S. Falcone. 1985-1992. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/4820. (Accessed July 20, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Gordon, Michael, (1985-1992) Frank S. Falcone. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/4820
- MLA citation style
- Gordon, Michael. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/4820>.