Big Pine Reparations Association meeting minutes 1927-04-09
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Handwritten minutes by J. D. Black about contacting association members from out of town to sign proposed sales agreement.
After a reparations bill of California was passed in April 1925, the Big Pine Property Owners Association (BPPOA) formed the Big Pine Reparations Association (BPRA) on July 29, 1925 to establish reparations claims against the City of Los Angeles during the Owens Valley water controversy. The BPRA directors were A. G. Barmore, chair and president; W. A. Sanger, vice president; J. D. Black, secretary; J. H. Kispert, treasurer; and J. O. McIntosh. In 1925 and 1926, the BPRA recruited members and presented their claims to the City of Los Angeles, which had damaged the local economy with the extensive acquisition of land and water in Big Pine. The reparations claims were filed by the BPRA for financial losses and damages done to business, occupation, farm laborer, personal property, real property, and trades.
- Big Pine Reparations Association
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- Loyola Marymount University, Department of Archives and Special Collections, William H. Hannon Library
Big Pine Reparations Association
Water rights--California--Owens Valley
Water rights--California--Los Angeles
Los Angeles Aqueduct
- Big Pine (Calif.)
- Materials in the Department of Archives and Special Collections may be subject to copyright. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, Loyola Marymount University does not claim ownership of the copyright of any materials in its collections. Please refer to: http://library.lmu.edu/generalinformation/departments/digitallibraryprogram/copyrightandreproductionpolicy/
- Chicago citation style
- Big Pine Reparations Association. Big Pine Reparations Association meeting minutes 1927-04-09. 1920-1929. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.lmu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/johndblack/id/1363. (Accessed December 13, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Big Pine Reparations Association, (1920-1929) Big Pine Reparations Association meeting minutes 1927-04-09. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.lmu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/johndblack/id/1363
- MLA citation style
- Big Pine Reparations Association. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digitalcollections.lmu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/johndblack/id/1363>.