Captain Samuel Ward house
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This house (no longer standing) was already an old place when acquired by Capt. Samuel Ward of Worcester in 1768. In Lancaster, he ran a large mercantile establishment and was a prominent citizen of the town for 59 years. Much later, the dwelling, located on the corner of Main Street and George Hill Road in South Lancaster, was owned by the Hosmer family, who sold the property to Atlantic Union College. A new men's dormitory, Lenheim Hall, was built on the site and dedicated in 1956.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Captain Samuel Ward house. 1850-1956. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j17k. (Accessed December 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-1956) Captain Samuel Ward house. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j17k
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j17k>.