Scrapbook page with images clipped from news printings
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Scrapbook page with images clipped from news printings: "Production staff", St. Louis Post-Dispatch, May, 20, 1940 and "Football Ballet at the Opera", Star Times, July 16, 1940 Caption for "Productions Staff": "The Productions Staff, responsible for putting the show together and seeing that everything goes according to plans. From left: Jacob Schwartzdorf, Ray Sinatra, who train the singing chorus and alternate as orchestra leaders; Al White, who instructs dancers in tap and other modern dancing; Jose Ruben, stage director; Richard Berger, who as productions manager is head of the producing staff; Norris Houghton, scenic director; Lew Christensen, ballet instructor; O.J. Vanasse, assistant stage director. Standing: William Richardson and William Meador, stage managers." Caption for "Football Ballet" image: "This week's Municipal Opera attraction Good News, is very collegiate - football players, coaches, cheer leaders and other varsity units. Even the dancing chorus is decked out in collegiate attire. Appearing in the football ballet, above, are Gisella Caccialanza, specialty dancer; Eileen O'Brien, Lucille Cartier, Virginia Lane, Dolores Wein, Jane Fox, Mary Louise Crowe, Kay Eibert, Helen Rosler, Virginia Conrad, Nancy McCabe, and Jean Haumueller. (Star-Times Photo.)"
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- Museum of Performance and Design, Performing Arts Library
- Christensen, Lew, 1909-1984
Ballet Caravan, Inc. (New York, N.Y.)
Crowe, Mary Louise
- Copyright Status Unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owner. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Chicago citation style
- Various. Scrapbook page with images clipped from news printings. 1940. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://christensenfamilycollection.omeka.net/items/show/302. (Accessed December 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Various, (1940) Scrapbook page with images clipped from news printings. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://christensenfamilycollection.omeka.net/items/show/302
- MLA citation style
- Various. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://christensenfamilycollection.omeka.net/items/show/302>.