Converting the Metropolitan Opera House into a basketball court
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Workmen raise the floor of the opera house, making the seating area level with the main stage. The purpose is to make the space into a basketball court.
Instead of operatic tenors, there will echo athletic yells. Workmen erect basketball court over stage and part of orchestra of old Metropolitan Opera House. Games sponsored by Catholic Armature Athletic Association will be played here.
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- Temple University
- Philadelphia Evening Bulletin
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. For other uses you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).a
- Chicago citation style
- Converting the Metropolitan Opera House into a basketball court. 1939-02-02. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15037coll3/id/144. (Accessed September 23, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1939-02-02) Converting the Metropolitan Opera House into a basketball court. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15037coll3/id/144
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15037coll3/id/144>.