[Tunnel inlet, 1914] (2 views)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Plates in: Photographs, Strawberry Dam, Philadelphia Ditch, original construction, 1912-1916, photograph album, page 61, 63.
Shows tunnel, construction workers with wheelbarrows and shovels.
View 1 (2010-0250). Sloping off bank at tunnel inlet. March 1, 1914 -- view 2 (2010-0251). Tunnel inlet nearing completion. Jan. 1, 1914.
Album documents the building of Strawberry Dam between 1912 and 1916; dam was built at the site of an older Strawberry Dam on lower Strawberry Creek for Sierra and San Francisco Power Company by Willetts & Burr; also shows work on Philadelphia Ditch, a ditch and flume running from a point on South Fork of Stanislaus River 1 1/2 miles sw of town of Strawberry to Philadelphia Diggins (ditch bought by Power Company from Stockton Gravel Mining Co. in 1912); dam and ditch intended to supply water locally and electricity and power to markets as far as San Francisco.
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- California State Library
- Sierra and San Francisco Power Company--Photographs
Dam construction--California--Tuolumne County
Construction workers--California--Tuolumne County
Strawberry Dam (Calif.)--Photographs
Tuolumne County (Calif.)--Photographs
- Photographs.Nonprojected graphic
- Please contact the contributing institution for more information regarding the copyright status of this object.
- Chicago citation style
- [Tunnel inlet, 1914] (2 views). 1914. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.library.ca.gov/F/?func=find-b&request=001433440&find_code=SYS. (Accessed December 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1914) [Tunnel inlet, 1914] (2 views). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.library.ca.gov/F/?func=find-b&request=001433440&find_code=SYS
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://catalog.library.ca.gov/F/?func=find-b&request=001433440&find_code=SYS>.