Irenaeus letters originally published in the New York ObserverCorrespondence. Selections
- View Full Item
- Created Date
New England homes and graves--O thou of little faith--Our friends in Heaven--Our windows in Florence--Pastor and friend--Pleasant recollections--Sabbath among the hills--Sabbath in Cambridge, England--San Miniato and Vallombrosa--Santa Croce and the inquisition in Florence--Service of song--Shakers of Canterbury--Spring's prediction, Dr.--Story and the Church of St. Cecilia--Studies in torture rooms--Summer board and summer boarders--Sunday evening supper--Taxing a child's brain--Ten days on the ship--That dreadful boy--Through the Tyrol--Torturing the little ones--Two hours in court--Two pictures, ideal, but real--Warriors on war--Week in the White House--When it rains, let it rain--When not to laugh--White and yellow meeting-Houses--White Mountain notch--With a pirate in his cell--Woman's view of crime.
Adams, Dr., Intercourse with--Agatha and her dish--Among the icebergs--Amphitheatres and theatres--Anna Dickinson on theatres--Apostle in Rome--Arguing with a poker and a hammer--Babes in the woods--Bear in Boston--Beggar, An interesting--Beggars' church and the beggars of Italy--Bryant, William Cullen--Calling bad names--Castle of Unspunnen--Cemetery beneath a cemetery--Chester Cathedral service--Childhood of Christ--Children and the church--Choosing a minister's wife--Church and a picture--Church and cloisters of St. Mark--Convent on the sea--Country pastor's sermon--Cowper and Ray Palmer--Cox, The late Dr. S.H.--Doremus, Mrs.--Doughnation party--Dream of the year--Dresden pictures--Eternal city, Why?--Evil eye--Fife and the violin--Fine old English gentleman--Gamblers at Monaco--Going to a glacier--Going to Rome--Great exaggerator--Green vaults--Habits, especially bad habits--Henry and Hildebrand--His grandfather's barn--Hold up your head--It's his way--Jews' quarter in Rome--Lance of St. Maurice--Lesson from a sick-room--Long-winded speakers--Made without a maker--Manners in church--Man who had to wait for a seat in church--Meanest woman in New York--Milk and water--Ministers' pay in old times--Ministers' sons--Minister who was hung--Miseries of being reported in the newspapers--Model minister--Monastery and convent--Morning adventure in Rome--Muhlenberg, The good Dr.--Murray, Dr. : Bishop Hughes--Music composer spoiled--My first sight of Niagara--My vine, my poor vine!
- Prime, Samuel Irenæus, 1812-1885
- Contributing Institution
- University of Michigan
- [New York] : New York Observer
- Prime, Samuel Irenaeus, 1812-1885--Correspondence
Records and correspondence
- Electronic resourceLanguage material
- Public domain. Learn more at http://www.hathitrust.org/access_use
- Chicago citation style
- Prime, Samuel Irenæus, 1812-1885. Irenaeus letters originally published in the New York Observer,Correspondence. Selections. 1881. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000206095. (Accessed January 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Prime, Samuel Irenæus, 1812-1885, (1881) Irenaeus letters originally published in the New York Observer,Correspondence. Selections. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000206095
- MLA citation style
- Prime, Samuel Irenæus, 1812-1885. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000206095>.