South peak of Mount Rainier and upper part of Nisqually Glacier viewed from Camp of the Clouds, Mount Rainier, August 1, 1895
- Waite, Alvin H. (Alvin Henry), 1862-1929
Notes in inventory: Paradise Park, Mount Tacoma. South Peak and upper part of Nisqually Glacier. From Camp of the Clouds. Copyrighted 1895.Camp of the Clouds is on the south slope of Mount Rainier directly above Paradise Valley. On August 12, 1886, it was named by Charles E. Kehoe, Charles A. Billings, and George N. Talcott, of Olympia. The party witnessed a superb view when the clouds parted. PH Coll 291.168.
Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 150 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x600 ppi. 2003