Loggers and donkey engine at National Lumber and Manufacturing Company loading site showing loading tongs hanging in foreground, possibly in Cedarville, ca. 1923
View Full Image
The National Lumber & Manufacturing Company was in business from 1920 to 1927, with headquarters and mill in Hoquiam and logging operations first in Cedarville and then, by 1924, in Elma. National Lumber was sold to Polson Lumber Company in 1927.Cedarville is a small settlement near the Chehalis River, eleven miles southeast of Elma, in southeast Grays Harbor County. In 1855, it was established when a blockhouse was built on the land claim of James L. Smith. It was named for nearby Cedar Creek.